Saturday, November 12, 2011

A weekend alone...

This weekend I am alone.  Dom has taken the boys to Sonoma until tomorrow.  The trip was actually delayed until this morning because Oli needed antibiotics dispensed, but this morning everyone was deemed well enough to travel. Train town is on the to-do list. Everyone is very excited.  So, here I am, at home, alone, with SO many things I want to do.  I feel disoriented by the silence and worried that I have so many things to do I will chase my tail and achieve nothing - I want to spend many uninterrupted hours phoning friends overseas, i want to write for the whole weekend, wander the city with a camera, read for hours, sleep for hours, go to yoga for hours, indulge in a lash-tint or a manicure, go to the cinema, make things, sew things, mend things...and that's just the list of what I want to do, there's an even longer list of things I should do... who knew that a weekend 'off' could be quite so fraught...

No comments:

Post a Comment